Who we are
Women in Banking & Finance is a membership network that has championed women in financial services for over 40 years. With branches in London, Belfast, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow, Norwich and Manchester, we help women across the UK. A volunteer-led social enterprise, we support women’s career ambitions through development programmes, leadership opportunities and networking events. In partnering with WIBF, our institutional members demonstrate the importance they place on accelerating progress for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Connect. Challenge. Campaign for Change. Everything you need, all in one place, to find your community, your network, and supercharge your career in banking or finance.
Volunteering with WIBF
WIBF is fueled by amazing volunteers who develop and curate our events and pioneering initiatives. You can help us with your expertise. Volunteering also helps you build your personal network. Join our ranks and raise your industry profile.
Why we exist
- The UK financial services workforce is 53% male and 47% female. However, women hold only a third of the most senior positions.
- In Scotland, where financial services is the leading employer, only 10% of girls would consider a career in finance if they don't have a family member working in the sector.
- Only 72 women are promoted to management for every 100 men.
- UK finance has the largest median gender pay gap of any sector.
- At the current pace of change, it will take 30 years for women to achieve parity with the number of men employed in senior management.
Through our high-profile activities, campaigns and projects, we run a series of initiatives to help women develop their careers and address diversity and inclusion issues in the UK financial services industry. From a social mobility scheme, through to mentoring and leadership programmes, we seek to help those with ambition achieve their full potential and ensure the industry becomes diverse, equal and inclusive for all.