At WIBF we understand the value of investing in your development but appreciate that many of you have limited time resources. So, we want to make it straightforward for you all. We are proud to now offer a six-month mentoring programme to all members, providing access to some of the most talented professionals within the Financial Services industry.
Our mentoring programme accepts a monthly intake of mentees, so you may join the programme at any point during your membership with WIBF.
Research shows that quality mentorship is one of the most valuable and effective development opportunities available. The guidance, encouragement and support given by a trusted and experienced mentor can provide a mentee with a broad range of personal and professional benefits that ultimately lead to improved performance in the workplace.
If you are a member of WIBF and are interested in mentoring, please follow the link below to log in and fill in the application form.
Mentees are matched to senior mentors from the Financial Services industry and can seek career guidance, advice and support.
For mentees, some key benefits of business mentoring include:
- Increased knowledge and exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Increased confidence and new advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Development of personal skills
- Wider professional network.
We know from our success with mentoring that discussions have centred around Career Progression, Interview and CV advice and Transferable Skills.
You do not need to be a WIBF member to become a mentor. If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please follow the link below to get involved.
We know from our longstanding successful mentoring programme that many mentors get as much out of the relationship as the mentee and find the relationship to be a
valuable tool for their development too.
- For mentors, some benefits include:
- Increased understanding of intergenerational challenges
- Recognition as a subject matter expert and leader
- Development of their own personal leadership and coaching styles
- Growth of professional relationships.
Most mentors find great personal satisfaction through supporting the development of others.