Our empowering mentoring programme matches mentors with mentees, and supports them in developing a mutually beneficial partnership.
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction.” John Crosby, American Politician
Our highly regarded mentoring programme offers an opportunity to connect one-on-one with a fellow WIBF member. Mentees are matched to more senior mentors within WIBF and can seek career guidance, advice and support. The programme lasts about six months and offers benefits to both the mentees and mentors.
Supported by WIBF, mentoring partnerships typically meet regularly at a time that suits them and to work on individual goals and how to reach them. End of programme feedback shows the high value of the mentoring programme.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you benefit from becoming a mentor?
• Direct exposure to the obstacles encountered by members in different businesses
• Exposure to diverse perspectives, styles, personalities, and cultural backgrounds
• Opportunity to leave a legacy of knowledge and experience
• Renewed energy around personal learning opportunities and role
What can a mentor help you with?
• Identifying your own priorities and options
• Generating ideas about your future career direction
• Working out skills and learning gaps that need to be bridged
• Developing a career plan and a strategy of how to achieve it
• Challenge you to achieve your goals and help you to assess your progress against them
• Deal with a specific situation that is happening at your work at that given time
• Advice on how to promote yourself within your organisation to get yourself noticed and make the step up
• Provide help with how to achieve a work-life balance and communicate this effectively to your boss
• Provide advice on challenging situations
• Developing confidence
Latest Mentoring News
“It is super to have a sounding board. Having a mentor outside of my immediate company is also particularly useful, providing additional perspective” - WIBF mentee, 2015
“It is a great way to meet new people out with your own organisation who you would not usually be able to ask for advice under ordinary circumstances…I feel very privileged to have been part of the 2015 Mentoring programme – thank you!”
“I gained confidence to speak up about what I really wanted from my future and I created an action plan along with my mentor which helped me to achieve the promotion that I’d been too scared to put my hand up for.”
“Having the guidance, encouragement and support of a trusted and experienced mentor from outside of your organisation can provide you with a broad range of personal and professional benefits, which can ultimately lead to improved performance and helping you to achieve your goals.”
“…the support given up front to both mentors and mentees was very useful, and I was definitely paired up with someone I felt I could help.”