The Future of British-Swiss Financial Sector Collaboration
What now for Europe’s two largest financial centres?
Organised by The British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce (BSCC) In association with, economiesuisse; TheCityUK; Fondation Genève Place Financière and the Swiss Bankers’ Association.
This event will take a look at the UK-Swiss relationship in financial services and the future potential for both countries following the signing of the joint statement by Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Federal Councillor Ueli Maurer on deepening relations in the financial sector. This set out the aim of liberalising and expanding mutual market access in the areas of banking, asset management, insurance and market infrastruture. At a video-conference on 27 January 2021, the two ministers agreed on the next steps for the negotiations of an agreement based on the principle of mutual recognition of the applicable financial market regulation and the relevant supervisory framework.
The event will:
- Take a look at the state of play of the UK-Swiss relationship in financial services and its future potential;
- Provide an overview of the ambition and already outlined ideas of the substance of the agreement by businesses and governments;
- Facilitate discussion about what a future Financial Related and Professional Services (FPRS) relationship would be appropriate for the UK and Switzerland - the two most important financial centres in Europe -
- (and also consider the new context of the UK having just left the EU);
- Provide a thought-provoking personal vision of the future;
- Conclude with a panel debate during which delegates will have the opportunity to put questions to the speakers.
WIBF Members can sign up to this event by selecting the ‘Advisory Panel & Sponsors Guests’ tab when registering so they can register for free.