WOMEN IN BANKING AND FINANCE – ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you use www.wibf.org.uk (our “Site”), including when you upload content to our Site, make contact with other users on our Site, link to our Site, or interact with our Site in any other way.
WIBF AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The Site are operated by Women in Banking and Finance Limited (“WIBF”). WIBF is a private company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10982879 (and VAT number is 309 1990 90), whose registered office is at 80-83 Long Lane, London, EC1A 9ET.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our Site;
• any equipment or network on which our Site are stored;
• any software used in the provision of our Site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
• Online member profiles and a directory of members;
• Surveys, polls, interactive posts and comment sections;
• Forums, bulletin boards and other communication services; and
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
WIBF will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
A Contribution must:
• Be accurate (where it states facts).
• Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
• Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
• Be defamatory of any person.
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
• Promote explicit material or violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal content or activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from WIBF, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
• Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other Site except for where appropriate (for example in relation to jobs suitable for the jobs board).
When you complete a survey, questionnaire or otherwise participate in one of our research programmes (Research Contribution), we own all intellectual property rights in that Research Contribution.
When you otherwise make a Contribution, you grant to us a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the Contribution (in whole or in part) on the Site, and on any other website operated by us, indefinitely.
You may not use our trade marks, logos or trade names expect where explicit permission is granted.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take any such action as we deem appropriate.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site and in the most serious instances termination of your membership with WIBF.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTES
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and WIBF both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.