Vilo Sky Leadership Conference: ‘Managing To Be Dad’
Whilst not yet won, the battle to remove obstacles for working mothers is at least underway. The same cannot be said for working dads.
Old assumptions on childcare being the sole preserve of women no longer apply – parenting has changed forever.
‘If women want equality in the workplace, it has to be in a culture where men are not afraid, embarrassed and actively discouraged to do a lion’s share of childcare’ - Chris McGuire, The Out of Depth Dad
Action is required. Growth in productivity is at an all-time low. The gap between business norms and employee expectations is widening. Harmful assumptions about masculinity contribute to men being three times more likely than women to take their own lives.
The message is clear, addressing how 21st Century fathers are treated in the workplace is not an exercise in public relations or good corporate karma. Organisations MUST take the lead in changing culture-wide attitudes to fathers in a childcare role if true gender equality is to be achieved.
‘Businesses who fail to offer better work/life balance for parents risk losing top talent to more enlightened competitors’ - The Millennial Dad at Work, DaddiLife
Who is the conference for?
• Business / team leaders
• HR professionals
• Working dads
• The pressing need for gender equality and why we do not already have it
• The compelling economic case for working parents
• Impacts on productivity, profitability and the war for talent
• The link between fatherhood, work and mental health
What will I get?
• Persuasive facts and figures to support the business case for inclusion
• Knowledge of the challenges faced by working dads
• Revitalised methods for achieving Diversity & Inclusion proportionality targets
• Tangible actions to implement small changes that make a big difference
• Great new contacts from a professional network
• An incredibly insightful, educational, enjoyable day
Speakers including industry specialists from the Bank of England, Daddilife, Fathers Network Scotland, Family Friendly Working Scotland and many more will be offering their expert views, discussing current trends and providing tips for embedding a best practice, family friendly, inclusive workplace.
Vilo Sky are delighted to offer WIBF members a special 10% discount which can be activated by using the code WIBFM2D when registering. This can also be used in conjunction with group discounts.