Growth Mind-Set Conference
Are you ready to invest in yourself in 2020? Come and join like-minded people from across the great city of Birmingham at the WIBF Growth Mind-set Conference: Aimed at Professional Development to unlock your full potential.
Women in Banking & Finance Birmingham are delighted to be bringing to the region the first of it’s type conference to support, nurture and elevate the diverse talent we have in the Midlands with a focus on attracting women, the BAME community and individuals from all social classes - inviting attendees from all genders, walks of life, background and careers from entrepreneurs to corporate professionals.
Generously hosted by Aston University at the Aston Conference Centre on Saturday 8th February, our aim is to enhance growth mindset to enable you to unlock your full potential. Invest in your personal development through exploring current and future technological, social and economic landscape impacts whilst also hearing from industry experts, choice of workshops and interactive Q&A panel discussions. It will be an action-packed day with keynote speakers, headlined by Lord Stephen Green, Baron Green of Hurstpierpoint, former Minister of State for Trade and Investment and ex group chairman of HSBC Holdings PLC. There will be interactive panel sessions along with a selection of collaborative, bite-sized workshops (including some that are CPD qualifying).
Our exciting high profile confirmed line up (with more to come) is as follows:
Keynote Speaker: Lord Stephen Green, former Minister of State for Trade and Investment, former group chairman of HSBC Holdings and author of the Human Odyssey - East, West and the search for Universal Values.
Panel Speakers include:
- Nick Fry, Motorsports expert and business management speaker
- Anne Siew, Managing Director, Dartmouth Partners
- Quintin Price, Strategic, Governance & Investment Expert
- Professor Gina Rippon, Emeritus Professor of Cognitive Neuroimaging at the Aston Brain Centre, Aston University
- Philip Sykes, Founder and Principal of The British School of Etiquette
- Cindy Ferrara, International executive and business coach
- Philippa Grocott, Founding Partner, FSTP
- Dr. Jonathan Ashong-Lamptey, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Expert
- Dr Andy Bass, Founder and principal of BassClusker Consulting
- Sue Liburd MBE, Non-Executive Director of Abstract and award winning businesswoman in human capital innovation
8.30 Registration and Refreshments
9.00 Welcome - Professor Alec Cameron, VC Aston University
Morning Keynote - Lord Stephen Green, “Geopolitics: What is the future of the UK?” How does this impact us professionally and as businesses?
Quintin Price - “Some thoughts on your career”
Nick Fry - “Survive Drive Win- Formula for Success”
12.30 3 course lunch served in the restaurant
1.30 - 2.30 Choice of workshops:
- Professor Gina Ripon - “Mind the Gap Why plastic brains aren’t breaking through glass ceilings. But the gendered brain would do. “
- Anne Siew, MD at Dartmouth Partners
- Molly Harvey, Authority on Leadership and Culture Change
- Dr. Andy Bass, Management consulting Expert
- Cindy Ferrara - “Speak, Pitch and Close” (2 hour Workshop)
2.50 - 3.50 Choice of workshops:
- Phillip Sykes - “The Art of Conversation”
- Phillipa Grocott, Partner at FSTP - “Managing the risk of Culture” - FCA requirements
- Dr. Jonathan Ashlong-Lampety - “Why an Inclusive workplace is necessary for a Growth Mindset.”
- Joe Trodden, CEO of Mindset Experts - “The Power of true Cognitive Diversity and how to harness this in your team”
Closing Keynote - Sue Liburd MBE, ”Why you can’t trust a woman”
If you have any questions feel free to drop us an email email@example.com.
Parking at Venue: Pay and Display Car Park at Millenium Point, only 5 minutes walk to the venue.
This event has now passed
Notes and documents
A roundup of useful documentation and relevant links from this event for personal use.