Building Stress Resilience
WIBF PEP Session Building Resilience to Stress by Anne Bryant at Lifespark Coaching.
On the 14th May for Mental Health awareness week over 35 women from across the business district gathered to hear Anne Bryant share her story of becoming very ill due to stress. Anne has learnt how to deal with her stress and wants to share her knowledge, she took us through some great exercises and shared information on how we can all be less stressed everyday.
A recent YouGov Stress report stated that in the last year 74% of people felt so stressed they were left feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope. According to Dr Rangan Chatterjee it is thought that between 60-80% of GP consultations are related to stress.
Anne shared breathing exercises and other ways to deal with stress in the moment, how to build our long-term resilience and how to remove stressors from our lives.
Stress First Aid
• 3/5 Breathing. Breathing in for a count of 3 and breathing out for a count of 5.
• This switches your ANS system into “Rest and Digest” state.
• It reduces stress and anxiety, oxygenates the body and clears and release. toxins
• One conscious Breath – Breathing slowly into Nostrils throat chest and belly and then releasing from the belly chest throat and nostrils.
• Turn React into Respond
Long Term Stress Resilience
• Flip the switch- find ways to let go of work and finish your day, by brain dumping anything difficult that happened. Then do something physical to draw a line under your day, walk, shower, meditate or light a candle.
• Digital Detox- we are all spending too much time on our devices and phones. There are various apps to help your limit your exposure.
• Meditation- clinically proven to reduce stress and anxiety.
Reduce Lifestyle Stressors
• Get plenty of sleep
• Reduce Electromagnetic fields and WiFi- turn off electrical items at night particularly your WiFi router.
• Think about the food you eat. Minimise Sugar, reduce Caffeine. Increase foods that contain Tryptophan which increase our serotonin levels.
Anne is available to run Stress resilience workshops in organizations, she does Stress resilience 1-2-1 coaching packages. She also runs other well-being and Mental Health workshops and is Recovery Practitioner for ME and Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.
Thanks to Pinsent Masons for generously hosting this event.
For more information Anne’s website is www.lifesparkcoaching.net and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org