The Women in Banking & Finance Awards Alumni Network was formed to accelerate change across the Financial Services Industry by leveraging best practice, sharing our learning and collaboration supporting the WIBF long term strategy.
Alumni Insights - Men As Allies
Alumni Insights White Paper - Create A Gender-Balanced Workplace
The objectives of the new WIBF Awards Alumni Network are:
- Ensure strong collaboration and cohesive relationships between alumni which will continue to build, leveraging best practice across the industry accelerating change
- Leverage the alumni as future WIBF ambassadors to work together to achieve common goals
- Provide individual networking opportunities for WIBF alumni to build relationships and over time provide valuable support and guidance to each other and other WIBF members
- Ensure WIBF stay connected to all previous award winners forming the alumni, helping them to take their careers to the next step by promoting professional and personal development opportunities
- Build the number of WIBF members, providing the alumni the first year membership free and encouraging them to renew the membership year on year as well as introduce others to join up and support the WIBF long term growth strategy
- Encourage alumni to play an active part as a volunteer for WIBF, offering their time as speakers, helping with event organising, signing up as a WIBF mentor
Message from Vivienne Artz
The Alumni focus is based on our award winners. We want the conversation to be more than Awards Luncheon chatter; we want the conversation that we started to continue ongoing, because although great progress has been made with women’s positions and opportunities in the sector, it is not enough.
We are marking it with our network’s greatest attributes, with our industry’s greatest attribute – with people who not only care about equality and opportunity but are willing to step up and speak out.
The Network will come together for individual recognition and organisational strength; it is more than a personal network though it is that too and those useful connections should never be overlooked.
I see the value in this Awards Alumni Network as the thread properly linking the best practice and inspiration that we talk about at the awards, linking these across the industry. It is bigger and more important that just us, than just our individual networks.
Cheerleader, advocate, supporter, facilitator. I see the Awards Alumni Network being all of these things. To all of the women we work with. There is a strength and confidence in excellence in the same way there is a comfort in numbers. The Awards Alumni Network will have all these things.